Monday, January 19, 2015

Un-Polished


Below zero temperatures have given way to  a forty degree rainy day in northern Maine. My normal routine on Monday was altered with a text from Kate canceling my usual session at the gym. We've been focusing mainly on stretching and getting blood flow to an injured shoulder. I welcomed the cancellation as I lay in bed listening to the rain pouring from the eaves.

Cup of tea ginger-peach tea in hand, I settled into my green chair with my Bible and journal and scripture memory book. A quiet Presence settled over me as I revisited promises for my family and prayed new prayers. Drawn to my visual journal I worked for an hour without interruption. 

When I look at the finished pages, I'm tempted to feel like I wasted time. Compared to art journaling or photography or my neglected writing project, the work is unpolished. Nevertheless, a sense of release accompanies the process.

The opened book lies on my art table where I can see it several times a day. 

As I type this post, I am reminded of my word - UNSCRIPTED. 


1 comment:

  1. As you know, polished is not the point. These are heartfelt journal pages that I think are beautiful and tell a story of a woman seeking God's heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.