Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Altars and Intentions


Abram had become very wealthy... from the Negev, he went from place to place, until he came to Bethel,... where he first built an altar. There Abram called on the name of the Lord.
Genesis 13 NIV

Back to the place where he first built an altar.

The words stirred in me.

I think about the early years in my walk of faith. Building an altar for me went hand in hand with surrendering to God.
Although most of what I feel when I look back are the constant struggles, I wonder if what the Lord sees are all the little altars I built along the way.

As I drank my tea this morning, I listened to Jeremy Pearsons on BVOV speak about rest, restoration and renewal. Whispers of wisdom breathe peace over me. 

It doesn't mean that I won't go to the gym or clean my house or work on projects. Simply put, I will move through these ordinary days slowly, on the inside. 

January intentions:

Slowly renew.
Meditation in my heavenly garden.
Listen for wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.