Thursday, January 1, 2015

unscripted


unscripted

I entered the new year in a bit of a fog after struggling with a miserable cold for a week. I've entered the coughing stage now so hopefully it is nearly over. I had all sorts of blog plans for the last week in 2014 - favorite posts, books, pics etc. Life happens and our plans shift. My head was too stuffy to form thoughts for a blog post.

Thus I begin 2015 with my one little word- unscripted. I must admit to being a bit nervous about this word. What exactly does this mean? I like scripts, plans, goals. I like to know where I'm going and how I'm getting there.
I had another word all picked out. Then the week of Christmas my granddaughter was showing me the books she was reading and guess what the title of one of them was? You guessed it. 

unscripted

The word hit me with a force but even then I tried to move away from it. I shared it with my daughter and was sure she would choose to use it. No such luck

 I opened a daily calendar which was a last minute purchase that I intended to give as a gift. 

"She would lay her pen down and do what she should've done a year ago. Let God be the Author."
                                                                                                                  Karen Kingsbury
Would you say that falls in the category of unscripted?

 I googled the word. I found a really interesting article about a man who writes scripts for unscripted reality shows. He makes the point that even though there are hours of film needing to be edited, someone has to pull together a story from all the events. Something about that struck a cord with me.

I am living my real life every day but God is writing my story. Hmmm. I have to ponder this.

Needless to say, I have no idea where this is all going. I do have a few goals in mind for this year but I have a feeling there's a story already forming behind the scenes that I don't have the script for.





2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I haven't been to your blog before but found it by being on Nancy Williamson's blog. I read about your word and thought to myself how wonderful how the word came to you. It was meant to be for sure it seems, love the image and what I am guessing must be your granddaughter doing just what comes natural. The best kind of image unscripted. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like plans, goals, and an organized approach to things. "Unscripted" does sound a bit scary, but it seems like you were definitely being led to it. Letting God write our stories is hard for those of us who like to be in control, but it is oh so necessary and worth it in order to live the best life that He has planned for us. (And I completely understand how hard it can be to keep up with a blog. I always have the best intentions, but sometimes find it difficult to actually write/post all the ideas I come up with. Good luck with continuing Wings Open.) Nina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.