Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Books, Seeds and Hope as March Begins



"Maybe you've prayed and prayed for the same thing, over and over... Maybe you've wanted God's will so bad. and wanted life to look different for so long... Maybe you're feeling utterly discouraged or disappointed right now and not sure why you are surprised every time the same ol' thing keeps happening again and again... " Fervent by Priscilla Shirer

Priscilla described where I have been living over the past few years in her book Fervent. I came across the book on the (in)courage website,  their Bloom Book club pick to begin the year. 

Several years ago Bloom introduced me to Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts, a life -changing event. I've read most of the books they recommended and never been steered wrong. When I saw the post about Fervent, my first reaction was I don't need another book but I checked it out and felt the pull of the Holy Spirit to order it. Three chapters later, very marked up and underlined chapters, God is doing a shifting in my heart, positioning me in hope.







I pulled out a journal and began to write my prayers along with scripture. My prayer for today after reading chapter 3:

Restore my cutting edge, Lord. Bring back my passion.

Prayer has always been my passion. Praying God's Word over my family and friends and country was my calling. Until it stopped working. At least it seemed that way. 

I didn't stop praying or reading my Bible but weariness and anxiety and a sense of my own vulnerability overshadowed my faith.

Last week I prayed, "Lord, please send a season of refreshing upon my life. A long season. "

I am adding prayers to my journal daily now, writing them down, and hoping, and believing with a tiny seed of faith.







God began growing this seed in me when I read Simply Tuesday, a very different book from Fervent, yet God has deeply touched my life through her Emily's writings.

 Simply Tuesday is truly what the Kingdom of God looks like in all its beautiful simplicity, humility and love. I love this book so much. Please check it out.

I pray God places a book in your hands this week, planting new seeds of hope and faith and encouragement. If He already has feel free to share in the comments below or email me.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.