Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Turning Toward Grace


"The days of the blameless are known to the Lord." Psalm 37:18 NIV

My thoughts are filled with tomorrow's appointments in Bangor, three hours away, the weather threatening close and what our reports will be. Then I open to Psalm 37. My days are known to God.

After all, He is the One who created days, is He not?

An eternal God limited himself with time marked out by evening and morning. How he made this separation is a mystery for the sun and moon were not in existence until the fourth day. The Alpha and the Omega limited himself to each day to complete his work. The timeless God.

Amazing! How else could we have known that his mercies are new every morning if life was one endless day?

Sleep is a precious commodity, vital to this body weakened by the Fall. I wonder what Adam and Eve's eternal bodies were like prior to their sin? No weariness, no sickness, no fearful twinges of pain. Oh, heaven must be beyond comprehension!

For now I live here in "here-time" as Ann Voskamp would describe it. 

And the Eternal pours out fresh grace upon my every morning.

I turn toward Grace and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.