Saturday, March 8, 2014

One Week Into Recovery


If anyone tells you that gall bladder surgery is a breeze, ask three questions.

  1. How old were you when you had the surgery?
  2. How sick were you at the time?
  3. Who are you, Superwoman?  
This past week was certainly not one I want to repeat and I learned things that no one told me about post-surgery. I'm grateful it's behind me.

No, I am not going to divulge all the painful details but I could give you some tips if you are facing this surgery. Leave an email address in the comments.

Instead, I am going to list all the things that made my journey easier and lifted my spirits.

  • a wonderful hospital staff
  • Hubby 
  •  my dear friend, Pam, traveled all the way from Nova Scotia
  • peppermint tea, chicken broth, Calmicid from Melaleuaca, Vitamin C, and my rice heating pad
  • Juicing a few days in
  • Daisies from my three girls with three butterflies in it (they hadn't specified those to the florist:)
  • prayer
  • walking in the middle of the night around my house
  • afternoon naps
  • Hallmark movies (I am going to start writing the names down, Relyn :)
  • patience
  • pictures, videos, and FaceTime with my girls
  • a loose pink nightgown I purchased prior to surgery
  • a clean house thanks to my niece
  • any sort of GOOD news
  • stool softeners (I am whispering)


This morning is the first day I awoke and felt a tad bit more like myself.

"I am going to spend this morning with the Lord."
I announced to Hubby today as he went off to the shop. I did and it was wonderful.

I'm pondering if I feel well enough to persuade Hubby to take me to the movies this afternoon.

Thanks for your prayers, dear blog sisters. It's good to be back.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are back, and I hope you're feeling 100% (or even better) very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.