Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Can't Believe It's Saturday Again!


Since I've been home, I've met with my prayer gals twice. Last week we laughed and spent hours catching up. This week we watched messages by Christine Caine and Beth Moore from the Awaken Now conference and shed tears of repentance and pleading for the Holy Spirit to awaken our hearts once again to His heart. It was a blessed time. Those DVDs are available at Lifetoday.org.


For the most part my week was a quiet one. I dug out my card table and began a puzzle. at one point I looked up and it was snowing so hard that I could barely see across the road. Perfect day to be indoor.


On Friday I drove myself for the first time in a month to have my pre-op blood work. It was wonderful to be independent again! I must admit that my foot was quite sore that evening, but it was worth it.
I've been spending my mornings sitting before the Lord in prayer and in His word. What a joy! Afternoons find me in my favorite spot reading with the sunshine pouring in through the picture window, lulling me to sleep for a catnap on occasion.

My surgery is scheduled for next Friday. Lord willing, on Monday I will make a short trip to Bangor to see my girls before I become housebound once again.

Today I worked on billing and watched past messages of Beth Moore. She continues to speak the Lord's word into my heart.

I have pondered the breath of God upon and in His word all week. You can hear a good message about this on the Gateway App or on their website. It is called Staying Alive by Robert Morris.  Beth added to those thoughts today.

I feel like the Lord is planting much in my heart and mind these quiet days. Perhaps I will share them soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love that shot of you and friends! I'm glad to hear that your foot is on the mend, and I'll be praying for surgery success.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.