Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Here


Here we are in 2014.  
I honestly thought this year would begin with quiet healing and a period of rest. It has been anything but, here in my life. Oh, I'm resting but not as planned. On New Year's Day I missed a few stairs, which sent me to the landing with all my weight on my heel. This in itself would have been enough but that same day I awoke with a scratchy throat that turned into a full blown furious cold. I've spent the last two nights in the recliner attempting to get rest, which a  persistent cough has interrupted. Today's scheduled surgery, which I spent the past two months planning for, is off the table.




This is what my days look like right now. 





My one little word for 2014 is HERE.
I know its very simple and perhaps a bit bland but I believe combined with last year's word OPEN. it holds great possibility. 



My new blog header is created with a beautiful photo taken by my friend and sister in prayer, 
Vicky Ghering. 

I don't know if I will blog daily or once a week, but I do want to stay connected with old friends online and make new ones this year here on wings open. Join me for the journey.


1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely photo of you, and your new blog header is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I'll pray that you'll heal soon and that you'll heal well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.