Sunday, January 18, 2015

Creative Dabbling


I am disappointed that a week has passed since my last post. I was doing so well at posting every 2 or 3 days. In my defense,  my best friend was visiting from Nova Scotia and I felt lousy much of the week. We spent a couple of days watching non-stop Hallmark movies and knitting. You can read more about my knitting progress over on Fearless Lines today.



Pam cut her visit short due to weather and traveling. After she left, I burrowed under the tie blanket I was working on and watched a few videos about creativity. Jamie Ridler shares her 365 day collage journal over on her blog. I watched this video a few times. Feeling a bit better after supper, I  dug out my visual journal, empty dream board and magazines. By the end of the evening I'd completed a dream board/ life map and two pages in my visual journal, which I really want to keep up on a regular basis. If you are interested in more 365 themes, check out Amber's idea,  Project 365 that Nancy Williamson brought to my attention, or Jamie's collage journal ideas.


So here's my life map. I took the pic at night after I finished it so it's not the greatest but I will share more in the days ahead.

I didn't choose a 365 day project. It seems a bit daunting right now.  Amber's idea comes the closest to most doable for me. I want to spend a few minutes creating every day.

I love Jamie's post today about scheduling a weekly art day. I'd love to schedule a weekly writing day.

Sunday afternoons have morphed into my blogging day. I look forward to sharing over on Fearless Lines weekly and reading each of their posts. I also play catch up on my blog reading, if I haven't had time during the week.

So that's it for today. Hope something I've shared has sparked your creative fire. Thanks to all those who have helped mine along.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got to spend some time with your friend; sounds like you two had lots of relaxing girl time...Thanks for mentioning my 365. So far, I have been able to keep it going and I do hope that as the year goes by I will be faithful....I like your life map board. I did one last year but I have not for this year...Take care and stay warm.....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.