Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunglasses in the Fog


"Turn toward the light and truth of what I say about you. " A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

The truth is I have been looking at the mountains all around me instead of who God is and what He says. I have been living in a shadow of past feelings, guilt turning to shame, instead of in the truth of who I am. 

I read a story this morning about a sick little girl in an Japanese orphanage run by missionaries. The little girl heard a message preached of how God moves mountains. She longed to see the ocean from her window but a mountain obscured the view. She began to pray every day for God to move the mountain. Other children joined their prayers. The missionary told her that the message was a metaphor for problems not literal mountains. Later the missionary had to leave for several weeks. On her return, to her amazement, the mountain was gone and a clear view of the sea remained. Because of soil erosion, the workers needed the dirt of the mountains to build up the sea coast and took it down. The little girl could see her beloved ocean before she died.

Where is my faith, that faith of a child? Forgive me Lord and let your favor rest upon me this week with faith to look to the God who moves mountains. 

If you read yesterday's post, you can see shadows hovering over me like the fog outside this morning. But as I have been sitting here reading the scriptures and stories and meditating on the many thoughts of weeks past, the fog has been dissipating. 

I'm late getting ready for the gym so I'm grabbing my sunglasses and heading out the door, thinking about new intentions for the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.