Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Heaven's Voice of Hope


"Don't get thrown off course." James 1:16 MSG

Fear has been poking his nasty head around the corners of my life.

Watching the news can be a scary practice these days. My hubby is a news buff, while I read women's blogs and Facebook posts from trusted organizations. Over the past couple of weeks, several of their voices have been ringing with wake-up calls for the Body of Christ.

I can't get Ann Voskamp's recent post out of my mind. WARNING: her post is not for the faint of heart. Her words brought the battle closer to home as my aching heart connected with women a world away.

Red flags shot up when I sensed the spirit of fear plotting an inside job. 

I bowed before the Lord.

LORD, why would you call me to dream big, to believe in the future if all that lies ahead is fear and disaster? What are you saying to me?

Proverbs 3 in the Voice Translation.

Stay focused. Do not lose sight of mercy and truth...
Rely on Him completely.
Stay calm.
He will safeguard your each and every step.
He pours out his grace on the humble.

Fear took a few steps back.

In the evening I happened across an interview with Bill Johnson from Bethel Church in Redding, California; he is a fifth generation pastor I trust and highly esteem. When asked what he wished he'd known when he first started out, Bill Johnson said he wished he had known how really good God is. He knew the goodness of God but not its vastness and depth. 

Fear's footsteps grew quiet.

I penned a prayer this morning as I pondered all the voices and messages scrolling through my mind.

LORD, you have taken great pains to get the message of your goodness into my heart. 

Anchor me in your grace.

Don't let me get sidetracked into fear by the evil of this world. Satan is accomplishing enough of that these days. I don't doubt the prophetic voices pleading for America to repent, warning of disaster to come

but

I know who You are.

You are Love.

You are Holy. 

You are grace and you've gone to great lengths to spread this gospel of good news throughout the world.

Holy Spirit, let your goodness be my focus, no matter what is happening around me.

 Position my heart in Grace. 

Let me be a vessel of hope, touching earth with heaven in days of darkness and trial.

Help me to live from the inside out!

In the midst of  fires that try faith, let Your Face rise before me. 

Let my voice spill over with hope to your world, the people you cherish more than I can know. I hear you say, as my hubby often speaks over our grandchildren:

I love you more.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.