Thursday, July 31, 2014

Reviewing Intentions and Changing Course


At the onset of July, I wrote down a list of intentions and added practices to help me to stay focused. I must admit it was a difficult challenge in a crowded month. I've been going back over my list today and thinking about how I did overall.

 Let go and flow. 

Letting go is a daily practice for me. Journaling helps and prayer. I'm not sure how well I did with this in July, but I know I made progress in some areas.

 Receive the gift each day holds for me.

Joining a Hand to Heart group helped with this, their posts and Liz's weekly emails. Also the Instagram challenges and taking photos each day caused me to focus on the moment.

 Listen to my Life and Identify Patterns and Rhythms

I tend to push myself beyond what my body is really up to and paying for it later. I am finding that this week I am exhausted to the point that its a bit scary. July was extremely busy. I am hearing two things as I listen to my life right now, in this moment: self- care and "un-rush me, Lord" (a word Lysa Terkhurst shared.)

 Choose joy. 

For the most part, I started every day with Joel Osteens book "I Declare." This book has thirty days of affirmations. By the time I read through it each day, I was ready to choose joy.

 Be wholehearted.

Yes. I managed to fit in a little writing and a lot of reading in down time. I have a lot of work to do here. I want to choose the things that my heart is directing me to do.

Today I sat down to look through a few magazines. I only got as far as my Artful Blogging when the first words leaped off the page at me. 
"CHANGING COURSE"
I grabbed my visual journal and glued the words to the page. I know they mean something and are a signpost for the month ahead.

I would love to hear what intentions  you are setting in your life, what course you are pursuing in the days ahead. Please feel free to comment and leave a link to your blog.



1 comment:

  1. Your blog is a ministry to my heart. This post in particular speaks to my past year, and my hopes for the year ahead, and has inspired me to return to blogging. Thank you!

    http://hebrews6.blogspot.com/2014/08/changing-course.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.