Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Living Gifts

Photo taken by his son, Shaun


Isn't it strange how we take for granted the amazing people that God places in our lives? Over the past year I have been paying more attention to the living gifts who surround me. My hubby's sister Cindy and her husband John are among those precious gifts. Over the past several years they have weathered many challenges with great faith and hearts big enough to hold oceans of love, spilling over upon family and friends and even strangers.

This week John went home to heaven and we are left to celebrate his life and mourn our loss. 

I will be off the blog for a few days. Hubby and I will travel a few hours south to John's funeral and another couple hours after that to see my brother in the hospital.

Remember last week when I was struggling with the whispered "wait?"  I wanted to go  to see my brother so badly but God sees the whole picture. I would have just gotten home and had to travel again.

I leave you with encouragement to notice the people God has placed in your life and know that His whispers come from a place higher than where we stand. 

God is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.