Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Glorious Fall Living


September gave us glorious summer-like days, making up for our cold June. The leaves are slow to turn color, bees hum amongst my flowers impeding my shutter- painting project, and women wearing shorts on cooler days cause me to shiver. My own denial keeps me slipping into sandals, avoiding warmer footwear. 

Nevertheless, a few nights of heavy frost remind me autumn is here. Golden sunsets hover over stacked hay and dusty spirals swirl as harvesters dig potatoes from the ground. I, too, enter the rhythm of the season, cutting back plants and completing outdoor projects such as washing windows and planting a few bulbs.

Today, rain beats steadily on the windows, reminding me to update my neglected blog. I clicked on my COMPEL training site for writers and completed the lessons in 401 and 501. Pulling a gray sweater over my head, I settled in to read over the completed chapters of my book, wondering where to go from here. Does writing a book usually take this long?

Tomorrow quietness will turn into a flurry of activity. Mom will stay here while her car undergoes an oil change. I have an appointment in the afternoon to take my brother to fill out an application for an apartment. Fingers crossed. 

The novel I'm reading beckons to me from across the room. Many things compete for my blogging time these days.  I try. I really do but my heart is not in it. For now, check with me on Instagram and I will post occasionally but life begs to be enjoyed, not always written about.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe that it's getting that cool up your way when we are still having hot days. It's been raining here for a week and it's so humid. The sun came out for a while today but it looks like rain is on the horizon again for a few days.....
    I know what you mean about blogging. I am trying very hard to keeping some type of schedule but I have to tell you I struggle. It seems many have thrown their blogs to the wayside and just not as many people are blogging as before.. It sounds like you're kinda frustrated with your book but I am sure you're get energized and finish it....I can't wait to read it....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.