Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sparkling August



Ginger peach green tea and the new Artful Blogging magazine transform an ordinary Saturday morning into a delightful journey. I am inspired to blog, which is saying something considering I have eked out a mere five posts this month!

I'm sitting in front of the heater at our camper on this fall-like morning although the weather prediction is for nearly eighty degrees today. I've been looking back in my journal over the month of August, amazed at how much I packed into each day and still enjoyed summer rests occasionally. 


I made two trips to the camper, took a motorcycle ride, gardened, completed two Bible studies and one book read for review, put the finishing touches on my first pair of knit socks, knit several dish cloths, highlighted a friends hair, worked in the office, spent a lovely afternoon in Bar Harbor with my brother and his wife, integrated yoga stretches into my morning routine, prayed constantly for two friends undergoing surgery, and enjoyed a relaxing week with my best friend from Nova Scotia. Oh and I managed to write three chapters in my book!


Each morning I lift up my ordinary life to the Lord. His grace strengthens me in worries over a child grown distant, physical concerns and change threatening on the horizon. 



I cherish each moment of joy like this one😊 and choose joy in moments not so joyous. 



I am grateful for many answers to many prayers prayed this month passed. Those answers encourage me in facing uncertainties in days that lie ahead. 

My word for August was "sparkle." I found each day surprised me with gems,whether  big or small, redirecting my heart towards gratitude. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Paula. Of all the Stampington publications, "Artful Blogging" is one of the few I don't invest in. I've been tempted lately, but then "Art Journaling" or "Somerset Memories" catches my eye, and the decision is made. Congratulations on your knitting projects and all you've accomplished this summer. Mention of your trip to Nova Scotia stood out to me. My dad was born in Antigonish. One of these years, I might get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. It looks like you had a fulfilling and peaceful month. I also love sitting down with an Artful Blogging and all it offers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to read that your summer has been wonderful with so many new projects. With all you have been through the last few years, it so nice to see that you have been able to do some things you wanted to do..Loving the socks and that precious grand daughter is growing up so fast...Congratulations on more chapters written in your book. I can't wait to read it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to read that your summer has been wonderful with so many new projects. With all you have been through the last few years, it so nice to see that you have been able to do some things you wanted to do..Loving the socks and that precious grand daughter is growing up so fast...Congratulations on more chapters written in your book. I can't wait to read it....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.