Monday, March 16, 2015

Together We Are Beautiful


A few years ago, a friend gave me a shiny glass ball made up of tiny squares side by side reflecting light and hope. She shared a story with a pink promise. 
"None of us are responsible for the whole thing. We each play our part, then side by side we reflect the light. Together it's beautiful. We are beautiful.

My longing for community has been growing over the weeks since IF:GATHERING. But I wasn't sure. I didn't know what that looked like for me anymore. I didn't want to return to old ground. Then Saturday night happened.

I stepped forward, faltering paces following the Spirit. I inbox messaged a few ladies on Facebook who had gathered in my home last fall for Beth Moore's simulcast. I put it out there. They are praying. One woman jumped at the opportunity. Her response: I'm in!

I woke up this morning with the thought, "What have I done?  Am I crazy?" 

Then I remembered. I wrote my heart's purpose in my journal yesterday in the midst of snowstorm-stayed Sabbath. 

To see women come alive with fresh hope and faith and joy and laughter.
To give God opportunity to pour His Spirit out upon us.
Heaven to earth.

I am one of those women. I am but one of those squares lit up by His light. Together we are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.