Friday, February 6, 2015

Making Room for New


If you've been reading my blog, I may have mentioned that I've been doing some weeding out. I find that as I get rid of stuff that I don't need or love anymore, I make room for new things, people, or experiences.

This week I carried three armloads of books, dishes and clothes into our local thrift store. It felt so good and I'm just beginning.

But let's talk about the new!

Our local Staples store is closing tomorrow so I made a trip in for ink and came out with a lovely three-ring binder and a pencil case ( it was labeled cosmetics but this is Staples, for crying out loud.)
I wish the binder was a bit wider. I've dubbed it my writer's notebook for COMPEL. 

More on the new front! I got a call from a young woman who used to be in youth group when I led it years ago. We've kept in touch via Facebook and Words with Friends. She asked me if I was going to the IF Gathering tonight. What? I wasn't aware we had one in our area. if you aren't familiar with IF, type in Jennie Allen or IF on Google. 

So guess what I'm doing tonight?

This isn't an easy excursion because our temps in the evening have been dipping to 35 below zero with the chill factor. How comfortable it would be to snuggle in and watch television! I'm not taking comfort tonight. Time to get ready so I'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you're going to one of their meetings. I read their devotions every morning and love them...Please let me know how it goes....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.