Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July in Pictures


Every year we begin July with our family camping in Bar Harbor. One of my favorite moments this year was riding up Mount Cadillac in my son's jeep, door & top off. On the way up the mountain I was sitting where you see my grandson in this photo. It was both exhilarating and scary. I felt like I was right out there, in the air.


             There were a few quiet moments during that ten days, like reading a book to Lily.





Our week of family togetherness ended on the fourth of July, with the parade. A storm system was moving in the next day so everyone packed up and headed home. That was also my worst moment of July, the day I got the cat bite.




I love the fresh fruits and veggies available in the summer, like this spinach salad I threw together. Yum!



I had a lot of fun with Instagram challenges this month too like this photo I took on the deck of our camper, not staged either :)




This is one of my favorite photos from July. Hubby and I went to Seawall in Acadia National Park. It was a quiet moment with the tide out and only a few spectators.




I spent the last two weeks with Lily while my daughter went away for Air Force Reserves. Constant photo ops and plenty of hugs and kisses.








I closed out the last weekend of July with a few magical moments with my girls. I drove home on Monday and am catching up on my blogging and photos today. These are all iPhone photos as I can't find the cord to plug my camera in and upload my pics. Going back and forth this month from camper to home causes my frustration level to rise when I lose things or leave things behind. 

All in all, I am loving this summer and I can't believe it's two thirds gone. July, where did you go?

The last couple of years I have joined Susannah Conway with her August Break, just posting a pic a day here on my blog, only writing a post if I feel the urge. Obviously, I have been lagging behind on the posting so this may be an improvement! Hope you are enjoying your summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.