Monday, July 7, 2014

Girl Talk Makes the Grade


This is how I felt about the fourth of July - off kilter. The fifth and sixth weren't much better, as I posted last night. Today, however, was a turnaround day. Yay! No fireworks, just gentle movement.

I did what I said I was going to do last night. I journaled and read a bit in my encouraging books and went to sleep listening to a message from KCM on my iPod.
This morning I gathered my Bible and journal and pens and devotionals and a few books and my tea and settled into my chair for a couple of hours of stillness and regrouping. I listened, I wrote, I read, sensing my thoughts shifting.

Later on in the day, my friend Barbie came over and we shared vacation stories and concerns and we prayed together. We parted with smiles on our faces and fresh resolves to do better in a few areas such as gratitude and  taking it easy on our hubbies. Oh, how thankful they must be that we have each other! :)

My foot is feeling better. I was soaking my foot as Barbie and I talked. I told her we had just experienced a spiritual Epsom Salts soak via sharing. The soreness and and any lingering bad stuff literally drew away from us. I love my online groups and texts and emails with friends, but there's nothing like a face-to-face girl talk session to make a gal feel better.


2 comments:

  1. You've got it. There is nothing like a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.