Saturday, April 30, 2016

April's Gifts



Joy comes in the morning!

The night may seem endless, but morning always comes eventually. I know in the darkest places your mind can't wrap around this. A few years ago my family went through two years of nonstop crises and then I spent the next two years recovering. This month we moved into joy!









There comes a time to get out of the box.

I 've spent years expecting God to move a certain way and heal my body. Decades actually. Something happened to me in April. I reached the point of no return. I knew I had to change my thinking and learn to live with joy, no matter what. So I reached out to a friend who is a counselor and she met with me for several  hours  over a couple of Saturdays, using her tools and out-of-the-box knowledge to take me on a journey of my life. I was amazed at what I learned about myself. I entered into a new freedom. We've only begun but I have hope and I love the view outside the box!









Spring is a time to shed the old, making room for new.

SHED is my one little word for 2016. The first three months of this year ( after feeling stuck over 2 years), I found myself waiting and sitting still and contemplating and trying to move into something new, only to be blocked. I resigned myself to the inner quiet work God had for me. As we turned the calendar to April, I turned a corner into movement. Burdens and layers and past stuff began to fall from me. I shed attitudes, beliefs, clothing, books, and more in order to make room for new rhythms.









I can Shine!

I am able to make good choices for myself with confidence and joy.
I love myself enough to do what it takes.
I am not finished here on earth yet. 

These are all new thoughts and words I am speaking. I am finished with second guessing myself, with trying to live up to some image I've developed over time. I want a new image inside of me!

I love myself enough to do what it takes. This may mean taking a nap, reading a book in the sunshine, setting a boundary and sticking with it, or saying my best yes.








My heart is filled with thanksgiving. 

I love the tools God has placed in my life! The IF App, the Adoration list pictured above from Every Bitter Thing is Sweet,  Emily P. Freeman's books ("Simply Tuesday,"that I read over and over and "a million little ways," which I am reading now), and so many more!

I am thankful the snow is gone!!! The sun actually shined several days!

I had a whole week with my littlest granddaughter and a weekend with my oldest granddaughter this month. Yay!

My friend Barbie is back from SC and we had lunch with another friend a couple times. :)

Outings with mom were a treat.

I discovered a new podcast that I love- What Should I Read Next? If you are an avid reader, this is for you.


April, I am sad to see you go. Thank you for your gifts of hope and joy you've left behind!









2 comments:

  1. An inspiring post, Paula! Good for you. I've long found that image of a new morning after the dark night of the soul very compelling. I love the photo of your granddaughter. What a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula. I love reading your thoughts. Very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.