Friday, October 23, 2015

The Unnoticed Life; Soul Congestion - Part 3


Who notices a single leaf slipping to the ground beside an old falling-down barn on the back road of nowhere?

Perhaps this is my quandary, the one keeping me up at night. 

Will my life go unnoticed? 

The list of synonyms for unnoticed begins with:
  • overlooked
  • undiscovered
  • unrecognized
  • unseen
Can you identify? I don't want to miss anything. I don't want to leave this life overlooking my destiny, leaving little treasures undiscovered. I long to recognize God in the midst of each day.

Most of all, I don't want my life falling to the ground "unseen."

There are days when I feel like I'm here as a prop for others, the holding- up person, the necessary but unseen. 

That would be okay- except for those down-deep desires pressing against my heart. 

The ones I've spent years hushing until they all mesh together, yet never fully disappear.




1 comment:

  1. I do know what you mean. Growing up in an alcoholic home, I was the responsible one and I have struggled my entire life feeling 'invisible'. It's not that I want credit or fame just to be known for who I am and to express freely the gifts God has given me. I've love to talk with you more on this subject if you'd like. I think we seem to struggle with so many of the same issues...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.