Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Voices in My Head


All signs point to SICK.

Sign number one is an unmade bed. I make my bed every morning unless I'm sick.

Sign number two is the mess. Dishes in the sink, towels that have been in the dryer for two days, and the scattered pile of resources beside my chair. The pile = kleenex, saline spray, tea, journal, pens and a list of encouraging scriptures.

Messes one and two are fixable. My concern is number three -the jumbled words in my head. 

What am I doing wrong? Why am I sick again? How can I dream and grow and live wholeheartedly when I keep getting knocked down? 

A voice disguised as mine subtlely tormented me with doubt. 

Early Sunday morning I opened my Bible to Hebrews 10:35. 

"Don't throw away your confidence. It will be richly rewarded." 

Hmm.

Next I visited a few favorite blogs, coming across this post.

As I was reading, I heard another Voice.

"You've taken a step away." 

I knew immediately what that meant. I'd stepped away from love,  grace,  trust and rest.

I step back in. 

Simple as a prayer. 

I step back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.