Friday, April 24, 2015

April Snow Showers and Grateful Moments


"A woman's mind plans her way but God directs her steps."

I sailed through Monday and Tuesday, accomplishing everything on my list in order to go away with hubby the next day. On Wednesday morning I awoke feeling unusually exhausted, thankful our plans were delayed by weather. By suppertime, I knew I was fighting the cold going around; yesterday I spent watching movies in my jammies.

Today I dragged out of bed an hour and a half past my usual time only to open my blinds to snowflakes falling from dreary skies. My throat ached, my sinuses and ears throbbed and discouragement knocked at my door.

God has a plan, I reminded myself. I turned to the stack of BVOV magazines I'd been meaning to catch up on. By the time I'd finished the February abbreviated issue, discouragement was racing off my property.

Re-focus on gratitude. What a great intention for today!

I am grateful for my warm, cozy home and the freedom to be here and rest.

I am grateful for hubby bringing me lunch today. 

I'm grateful this is April and Spring peeking around the corner. 

I'm grateful for the freedom we still have to enjoy Christian ministries in this country when Christianity is being bombarded throughout the world. I don't take this lightly.

I'm grateful for my family and God's promises in Psalm 91 I pray everyday over them.

I'm grateful for Heavenly Garden moments with Jesus.

I'm grateful for the few faithful people who continue to read this blog. Sending showers of blessing thoughts  your way today.





1 comment:

  1. I connect with so many of these thankful thoughts. But, the last one really gets me. I know. I know.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.