Thursday, October 22, 2015

Soul Congestion - Part 2



Sit with the tension.

In yoga, one of the keys is to sit with the tension. Don't be in a hurry to go to the next move. Let the stretching work its magic.

"We have all winter to work on those things." A friend quipped in reply to my frustration with not being able to get into a project.

Am I in too much of a hurry?

Last night when I was writing part one of this post,  I kept pondering two words.

Soul congestion. 

How could I clear my mind, will and emotions from the tentacles of regret, planning and the feeling of too little time for all I want to do?

At 4:00 a.m. these words floated to the top of my mind. 

Sit with the tension. Sink into it. Stop fighting your life with all its interruptions and people stuff.

Is that the same as letting go? 

Is it simple trust?

Trust in myself. Trust in God. Trust in the process.



1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that the same thoughts of 'fighting life' have been coming to me. I am trying very hard to be more accepting of what comes into my daily life and to accept it doesn't have to look just like I want to......

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.