Friday, October 23, 2015

Balance : Soul Congestion - Part 4




My one little word for 2015 has been "unscripted." 

My word for the summer was "listen." 

Trusting God holds the script allows me to let go of tight-fisted control. I find this to be a daily process.

Listening. Always returning to listening requires showing up for my life. In the moment and for the long haul.

Every year I spend my entire fall planning, preparing and creating for Christmas. I love to surprise my family with heartfelt, thought out, unique, and often handmade gifts.  On December 26th its over, leaving me exhausted and sometimes succumbing to illness.

I want to break the pattern.

Fall has always been my most productive season. This year I am feeling tired, longing to feather my nest and rest. Yet the temptation to dive into several creative projects pulls me.

I'm adding another word.

Balance.

Lock in to my rhythm, sensing the ebb and flow, identifying undercurrents and dropping anchor in the right place and season.







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're thinking ahead and planning more balance....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.