Saturday, January 24, 2015

Control is an Illusion


"Teach us how short our lives are so that we may be wise."
Psalm 90:12 NLT

Life is in the details.

During the season of my life when I was away from home for over a year, I missed the little things.

The way the sun comes through the window where I have my morning tea, reading a book, watching the news together while hubby and I eat supper, a phone call from a friend. 

The little things.

Daily I make small choices, seemingly insignificant, yet all according to plan. 

The years I believed it was my choice were an illusion, and I'm better off without it.

I read those words over on FlowerPatch FarmGirl

Do my choices really matter? I believe they do, especially how I respond to circumstances and emotional triggers.  I realize that Farm Girl was speaking from her life and perspective. If I were to write that sentence in my own words, with my own filtered thoughts, it would look like this:

The years I believed I was in control were an illusion, and I'm better off without it.

Joseph said something similar in Genesis 45. 

"So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God."

I've read those words dozens of times but this time I got chills, not necessarily good ones.

Bill Johnson says that "Faith unchecked leads to entitlement."

The fear of God is a check.

Even standing here knowing that I am His Beloved, I fear Him and His control. 

That can be a good thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.