Thursday, August 14, 2014

Changing Course


This morning I gathered around me all the tools for my daily ritual. 

  • My go-to green NIV Bible
  • Faith to Faith devotional that contains my daily Psalm 91 prayer from the Amplified Version
  • Jesus Calling devotional
  •  yellow index card book with my daily prayer scriptures and declarations
  • lavender journal
  • pens
  • study on the Blessing with BVOV
It was the first time in a week that I was able to sit in my chair and quietly regroup. I looked back in my journal to the beginning of August where I had written - Changing Course. I knew it was a word for my life but I had no idea what lie ahead. Then last friday Hubby suffered a heart attack.

I had to drive him forty minutes from where we were on the Island to a hospital, where they life Flighted him to a larger city. As I drove, the scriptures that I had been studying came quickly to my mind and I began to pray them aloud and bless him. I am grateful for God's preparing. Two days prior  I'd read Psalm 90 in the Message Bible where it says, "Lord, show us what you can do." He did just that.

Hubby is home today and doing well. He has two stents in his heart but no damage. A month off from work is a tremendous challenge for my hubby, who loves his job. We own the company so it's a lot of stress, but his brother has stepped up to the plate. Dietary changes are tough and I feel for him as I play the bad guy, reinforcing these things. I know how hard it is to be restricted in what you can eat.

Nevertheless, I am extremely grateful that he is alive, able to enjoy our family and continue life with us here on this earth. God provided every step of the way this past week and I know he will in the days ahead as we change and adjust our course according to His plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Feel free to leave your blog address or email so I can personally respond.