Saturday, December 21, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Sunday, December 15, 2013
I know you were expecting pics of my daughter or grandkids but thought I would switch it up a bit.
Beth Moore has been a tremendous godly influence in my life. Even though I don't know her personally I love her. If you look directly behind her microphone I am the one with the blonde hair, face partly blocked and right beside me is my friend Nancy whom I've known and loved for years and years. A few other women I know and love are sitting behind us.
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Ten Things I Know For Sure:
1. God loves me more than I am aware of.
2. Life happens in the little moments of ordinary days.
3. Books are a never ending joy!
4. Gratitude keeps me grounded.
5. Friendships are priceless.
6. A daughter is a precious treasure and when she has a daughter the treasure is limitless.
7. Chocolate is addicting.
8. I love four seasons but I wish the shortest one was winter :(
9. The old saying is right- "youth is wasted on the young."
10. Miracles still happen!
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
I love movies!!!
My grandmother used to take me to all the Hayley Mill"s movies (not sure how many that is), and then I graduated to Elvis Presley. As I left my teenage years, I moved on to Barbara Streisand and "the Way We Were." Big Robert Redford fan and later Kevin Costner. Oh, I know I am leaving so much out!
I honestly don't know if I can prune the list to a top ten like I saw on another blog but I will try. By the way, there are a couple of movies that snuck in the photo, which are not favorites.
Top 10 Favorite Movies:
#1 : The Lord of the Rings movies.
2. Anne of Green Gables
3. Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail
4. Ramona and Beezus
5. I love sword fighting movies like King Arthur, Man in the Iron Mask, First Knight, Robin Hood
6. American President
7. Under the Tuscan Sun
8. Ice Age Movies
9. Chick Flicks like Runaway Bride and Sweet Home Alabama
10. Hunger Games and Catching Fire I loved the books!
11. Cheesy Hallmark movies
I knew I couldn't stop at ten!
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
My very first blogpost was over on Extravagant Purse. I take that back. I had a typepad blog for a year but they removed it when my credit card needed renewing. No notice at all! I didn't blog again for awhile.
I started Extravagant Purse on a whim in January 2009.
Over the years I've become more honest and open on my blog.
This past year I've leaned more towards photography.
I haven't blogged on Extravagant Purse for over a month and am considering putting her to rest at the end of the year, making Wings Open my primary blog. It seems to fit me better now. We'll see.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Playing with Jamie and Shannon this month so here goes.
1. I live in Maine, but I'm not crazy about winter.
2. I have five grandchildren and celebrate each of their personalities!
3. Creativity has always been a part of my life in some form - in the past, scrapbooking, mixed media, quilting, restoring old furniture, and in the present it's writing and photography.
4. I'm an avid journaler and have been for forty years.
5. Huge "Lord of the Rings" fan. Love movies.
6. Books, books, books! I actually have two trunks full and several bookshelves. I will never read all the books I want to read in this lifetime.
7. I begin each morning in prayer and reading Scriptures. Love Beth Moore Bible studies!
8. I have struggled with health issues for years.
9. Love lights all over my house, little lights on strings.
10. Treasure my friendships.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
It's a busy Tuesday for me so I'm taking a short cut on the Colors theme today.
Orange and yellow carrots
Orange sweet potatoes
Yellow Yukon gold potatoes
Green beans and zucchini
White organic chicken
Chicken veggie soup.
My other Tuesday color is Lilybear in her pink coat and hat. Sadly I don't have a picture. I was too busy helping her climb up the big snow chunks and jumping puddles, no free hands for pictures today.
Monday, December 2, 2013
Day 2 : Time Capsule over on Kickin it Old Skool
1. What are you reading?
I reading Prophet by RL Larson on my Kindle and I'm almost finished with it. I got two new books in the mail today by two of my favorite authors :) and I have some Christmas novels on my Kindle that I want to read.
2. What are you watching?
Usually in December I would be watching Hallmark movies but no wifi this year. So I am enjoying DVDs of Reba and Scarecrow and Mrs. King, laughing which is good medicine and crying through the fourth season of Friday Night Lights.
3. What are you listening to?
4. What are you loving?
Time with Lily , my granddaughter. She brings me joy!
5. What are you wearing?
Black turtleneck, teal scarf, khakis but changing into Jammie's soon😊
6. What are you creating?
Portfolio for a creative writing class
7. What are you looking forward to?
Getting all my Christmas shopping done. Sigh.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
I am joining Jamie and Shannon over on Kickin It Old Skool for December Pics. Today is a selfie. I have been finding it difficult to take photos of myself lately. I have had some physical challenges over the past year along with life's wear and tear. Unfortunately, my appearance is reflecting all of this. There are days I look in the mirror and feel old. I don't like feeling that way, which I don't like admitting.
My word for 2013 has been OPEN.
So here I am - open and honest and beginning December with a grateful heart for all my blessings.